Advertise

Thursday 16 April 2009

FOR AWARDS I DON'T MAKE ANY FILM: AMIR KHAN

APRIL,16,2009


LATER Aamir Khan’s directorial debut “Taare Zameen Par” failed to get an Oscar nomination in the foreign film category, the superstar has said that he does not make films for “awards” but for the “audience”. “I don’t make films for awards. I make films for the audience. The audience, for which I have made the film, really loved it and the audiences outside India have also loved it. What I am trying to say is that film has been well loved across the globe and that for me it is extremely heartening and something that I give very high value to,” Aamir said in an interview to NDTV 24×7.

“I hope it does well in (the) Academy (awards). I don’t think it’s got to do anything with India or abroad. Filmmakers are creative people and they are storytellers. They are telling us a story. I don’t think ‘Slumdog…’ is making an attempt to show the underbelly of India or that may be its selling point,” he explained. Talking about Bollywood stars making an entry into politics, Aamir said: “I don’t want to. I’ll support a political partly only when I seriously believe that this is in fact a party in which I have real hope and full confidence. Otherwise, I would never endorse a political party,” he ARGED.

WRITER: MASUD

No comments:

Post a Comment