Advertise

Friday 3 April 2009

Ghajini’ became the only Indian film to earn one billion rupees

April.2,09


It was party time for cast and crew of recently released Bollywood film ‘Ghajini’ as they celebrated the huge success of their film on Tuesday (December 30) in tinsel town Mumbai.

‘Ghajini’ became the only Indian film to earn one billion rupees at the box office across India in less than a week of its release on Christmas (December 25).

At a time when every industry is hit by recessionary trends and Bollywood did not fare quite well at the box office business, the film starring India’s lead actor Aamir Khan broke all the previous records and set the cash registers ringing within a few days of its release.

The cast and crew of ‘Ghajini’ made merry as they celebrated the success of their film.

A cake was cut by Aamir Khan with figures of the collection topping it and subsequently distributed to all the members present.

Expressing happiness at the business done by ‘Ghajini’ Aamir said, “I’m very happy and thankful that the film is being appreciated by the audience so much. The hard work put in by the entire team is being appreciated by the people and that is what makes me all the happier… I think the numbers on the cake signify the collection of the film across India, in five days or maybe a week, I’m not sure.

The film has broken many records and no other film has roped in so much collection that our film has. So I’m very happy.”

‘Ghajini’ a remake of a Tamil film by the same name is essentially a love story starring Aamir Khan along with actors Asin, Jiah Khan and Pradeep Rawat.

Asin, who acted in the Tamil version of the film as well, expressed her delight at the film’s success and thanked the audience for appreciating her performance in Ghajini’.

“I don’t come with baggage or expectations. I just focus on my work. And for me because the audiences have accepted, it is such a happy moment for me at this point of time. And again I repeat myself but thank you all so much for the love you have given,” said Asin.

Besides, raking in huge profits in domestic markets, ‘Ghajini’ has done well in the overseas market as well.

The film grossed US $ four million within a week of its Christmas release.

http://worldentertainment15.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment